Vintage 1948 Rolex Oyster Perpetual (Ref. 5015)
1948 Rolex Vintage Mens Oyster Perpetual Bubbleback 14K Gold Watch, Ref. 5015 - Near New Old Stock.
This incredible all-original ref. 5015 Bubbleback made circa 1948 is not only without question the finest example of a Bubbleback to ever pass through these halls, it is the finest example we can ever remember seeing in person.
Featuring an attractive, engine-turned bezel and perpetual designation, it added a touch of class to Rolex's mid-century Oyster line.
Housed in one of Rolex's first water-tight Oyster cases, this wristwatch originally offered its owner complete protection against water and dust. Inside the ruggedly elegant case Rolex placed an early self-winding Perpetual movement, keeping the watch powered by movements of the wrist.
Equipped with a 9 3/4 ''' Bubbleback movement with self-compensating Breguet mainspring, and the company's patented Super-Balance system for greater accuracy, this fine watch is the timekeeping standards of discriminating owners.
* Country of origin: Switzerland
* Year built: c. 1948
* Serial no.: 638,330
* Model: Reference 5015
* Functions: Hours, Minutes, Automatic, Sweep seconds
* Designed for: Men
* Case material: 14K gold
* Case markings (inside): Rolex, Geneve, Suisse, Ref. 5015
* Case condition: Mint. A couple of the case back grooves have the slightest marks from the previous owner opening the case back. Otherwise the grooves present as mint.
* Dimensions: 32mm wide (excluding crown), 40mm long lug tip-to-tip, 14mm thick
* Dial: Silver, gold Arabic and dart indexes, signed Rolex Oyster Perpetual Officially Certified Chronometer, original and untouched, mint condition
* Hands: Original, gold, "feuille" hour and minute hands, blue steel center seconds hand
* Movement type: High grade, signed Rolex, 9 3/4''', fully jeweled, self-winding, compensating Breguet hairspring
* Jewels: 19 rubies
* Band: Leather, remborde, brand new with what appears to be the watch's original buckle
* Width between lugs: 17mm
* Crystal type: Acrylic, excellent condition
* Timing: Timed to precision on a state-of-the-art computerized system. It is running strong and true, keeping time nearly on par with a new Rolex.
*We do not offer exchange or returns.