KEVIN SEAH X RAW WINE BUNDLE SET
We worked on a selection of 1 Sparkling wine, 2 White wines and 3 Reds... wines that are made organically with minimal intervention.
1) BK WINES Pétillant Natural Chardonnay 2020Adelaide Hills, South Australia
Pet Nat – or rustic, farmhouse sparkling wine created by producing a fermentation in the bottle – is to sunshine as gumboots are to muddy puddles… you don’t have to have either of them to enjoy the other but you’re a whole lot happier if you do. The fruit in 2020 wasn’t plentiful but what there was of it sure was beautiful.
The growing season started cool and wet, shifted gears radically into drought and two back-to-back early heat waves, and finished off long and unseasonably mild. The fruit that made it through the madness is delicate, pretty and well-balanced. Light, white pear flavours and enticing frizz. You’ll find yourself praying for summer sunshine or just sitting under a warm, bright light with your glass and pretending it’s here.
2) BLACK ESTATE “Home” Pinot Noir 2018 North Canterbury, New Zealand
Fire brick hue. Compelling fresh and vibrant aromas of wild forest berry’s, wild rose petal, and humid earth. Dense mouth coating tannins that are tightly wound and gradually melt to reveal rich berry fruits, red current , and humus. The balance gives a clear impression of the highly mineralised sedimentary clay soils of the Home Vineyard.
3) CLOS DE TUE BOEUF Petit Buisson 2019
Loire Valley, France Another stunning Sauvignon Blanc from our favorite natural winemakers in the Loire, Close du Tue-Boeuf! Layers of citrus peel, honeydew melon, wet stones with lees-y texture and a hint of earthy, herbal quality. An excellent alternative to Sancerre with great quality and very easy to drink! Made with no addition of sulphur and non filtered to maintain purity of fruit.
4) MANON Forest “Still” Pinot Gris 2017
Adelaide Hills, South Australia The sister and still version to Wild Nature Sparkling. Radical and unique movements in fermentation and bottle this wine now after sometime to gather and rest has become one of our favourite aperitif wines. Pinot Gris straight pressed - crushed by foot and then pressed by basket. This wine captures the unique style and depth of flavour of grapevines left to grow naturally and wild.
5) PARTIDA CREUS SM 2018 Bonastre, Catalunya, Spain Working with Catalonia’s indigenous, light-skinned Sumoll grape, Massimo Marchiori and Antonella Gerosa make this light-bodied, utterly natural wine by farming organically and refraining from any manipulation during the fermentation process. This process makes for vibrant, living wines, with aromatics of ripe cherry and earthy undertones reminiscent of vineyard soil. Organic, no sulfur added.
6) ROC DES ANGES Relief 2016
Côte du Rousillon, France The Reliefs is comprised of selected old-vine parcels of Carignan plated in 1911 and 1944 on schist. Grapes are biodynamically farmed and Vinification in concrete vats to preserves the fruit. Aged in cement tanks,and larger "neutral" oak. A wine with power yet elegance.