Vintage 1944 Rolex Viceroy Imperial (Ref. 3359)
1944 ROLEX VICEROY IMPERIAL Vintage Ref. 3359 Mens Watch - Stainless Steel & 18K Gold.
It showcases the company's greatest contributions to watchmaking, an early Oyster case. The Rolex Oyster case birthed the idea of the modern sport watch and was a catalyst for the widespread acceptance of the wristwatch.
Besides its highly functional Oyster design, its 18K gold engine-turned bezel brought a touch of extra class to the watch. Powering it is its high grade Rolex 10 1/2''' ligne movement with Rolex's patented Super-Balance system with early shock resistance system.
It is all original and in pleasing condition. Its original "Rolex Oyster" crown still screws down well. Its case is in excellent condition with strong lines and only light wear. With the exception of the six and twelve o'clock areas of the bezel which shows signs of having been polished, the rest of bezel still retains much of its beautiful fine detail.
Its fabulous untouched two-tone dial proclaims the watch's special shock resistance, cutting edge at the time, and has shifting silver tones depending on the angle of light.
* Country of origin: Switzerland
* Year built: c. 1946
* Serial no.: 381,141
* Model: Reference 3359 Imperial, so-called "Viceroy"
* Functions: Hours, Minutes, Subsidiary Seconds
* Case material: Stainless steel and 18K gold
* Case markings (inside): Brevet, Rolex S.A., Geneve, Suisse, 31 Victoires, Haute Precision, R.W.C Ltd, 3359
* Case condition: Excellent condition with strong lines and only light wear and light to moderate aging to the grooves in the case back. With the exception of the six and twelve o'clock areas of the bezel which shows signs of having been polished, the rest of bezel still retains much of its beautiful fine detail.
* Dimensions: 29.5mm wide (excluding crown), 39mm long lug tip-to-tip
* Hands: Original, luminous "feuilles", blue steel
* Movement type: High grade, 10 1/2 ligne, manually wound, rhodium-plated, 15 jewels, straight line lever escapement, monometallic balance, micrometer regulator, Breguet balance spring
* Movement markings: Rolex, Swiss Made, 15 Rubis, 88809
* Jewels: 15 rubies
* Band: Leather, fully stitched, padded, brand new and unworn equipped with Rolex style buckle of unknown origin
* Width between lugs: 16mm
* Crystal type: Acrylic, excellent condition
* Serviced: Disassembled it down to the last screw and cleaned and oiled the movement.
* Timing: Timed to precision on a state-of-the-art computerized system.
*We do not offer exchange or returns.