Original Lithograph - 'Exposition Hispano-Americaine' 1959
ORIGINAL LITHOGRAPH 1961
By Pablo Picasso
* Titled 'Exposition Hispano-Americaine'
* Galerie Henri Tronche - Paris
* Signed in the plate
* Published by Andre Sauret, Paris
* Printed by Fernand Mourlot, Paris
* Ready to frame, printed on quality paper
* Reduced version of the original poster of 1951
* Size: 30.5 cm x 24 cm including border
*An original fine art lithograph is not just a cheap mass produced print. The process is far more complicated and therefore valuable and collectible. In short, Lithography is a method of printing using a stone (lithographic limestone) or a metal plate with a completely smooth surface to which the design & ink is applied. A limited edition lithograph is an original graphic created by the artist in a small print edition or run.
The process of printmaking requires a balance of creativity and skill using traditional techniques. It’s the amount of impressions 'pulled' from each 'plate' or stone that gives each print its scarcity.
Because of the unique history of each item, collectible prints often appreciate in value over time due to their rarity and age. This makes them an excellent investment.