Vintage 18K Gold Plique-à-Jour The Virgin Mary Pendant
Presented here is a very remarkable 18K Solid Gold pendant, dating back to the 1930's, with rare and unusual features as follows :
1) It has measurements of 25 x 25 mm - without bail - and is round
2) Its weight is a heavy 6.4 grams
3) It is made using the “Plique-à-jour” technique : Plique-à-jour (French for "letting in daylight") is a vitreous enameling technique where the enamel is applied in cells, similar to cloisonné, but with no backing in the final product, so light can shine through the transparent or translucent enamel.
4) The pendant is high relief and made in France. It represents the Virgin Mary in profile, crowned with a halo of gold stars.
5) It is hallmarked with the Eagle's head which is the French hallmark for 18K Gold.
6) It has a plain back.