Vintage Wooden Campaign Chest
This unique, antique reproduction of a British campaign chest is the same style used in 1700s-1800s. Campaign chests were designed to be packed up and carried on the march and have been used by traveling armies since at least the time of Julius Caesar. They are more commonly associated with British Army officers, many of whom had purchased their commissions. British officers of high social position in the Georgian and Victorian periods (1714–1901) often carried high-quality portable campaign furniture.
• Outside measurements: 10-1/2" x 11" x 6-1/2"
• Removable, hidden 2-compartment interior tray (each compartment is 4" x 4") with full size storage underneath (9" x 5-1/2" x 2-1/2")
• Two bottom, slide-out drawers feature compartments with inside measurements of 4" x 3-1/4"
• Brass latch, drawer pulls and top lid handle
• Made of teak and mango wood