Original Lithograph - En marge du Buffon 1957
ORIGINAL LITHOGRAPH 1957
* From the drawing by Pablo Picasso
* From his collection 40 dessins de Picasso en marge du Buffon
* Printed by Robert Blanchet
* Limited edition of 2,000 only
* Published by Jonquières, Paris
* Gallery Quality Printed on heavy Arches paper
* Size: 28 cm x 38 cm
*An original fine art lithograph is not just a cheap mass produced print.The process is far more complicated and therefore valuable and collectible. In short, Lithography is a method of printing using a stone (lithographic limestone) or a metal plate with a completely smooth surface to which the design & ink is applied. A limited edition lithograph is an original graphic created by the artist in a small print edition or run.
The process of printmaking requires a balance of creativity and skill using traditional techniques. It’s the amount of impressions 'pulled' from each 'plate' or stone that gives each print its scarcity.
Because of the unique history of each item, collectible prints often appreciate in value over time due to their rarity and age. This makes them an excellent investment.